There are plenty of things in life that seem confusing at first, but if you take a moment to think about it, it usually makes perfect sense. For instance:
- An impromptu karaoke sesh in the elevator with all your best friends. If you’re not in that circle, sure it might seem a little odd at first. But that elevator ride is at least 20 seconds long to the lobby, just long enough for the first verse and a partial chorus of “Goin’ to the Chapel”…in perfect 3-part harmony. Besides, the acoustics inside an elevator are incredible.
- Savoring your last ice cream bar as an unmarried man – because Hoboken summers are notoriously brutal, and ice cream always makes sense.
- Greasy bar food; and the greasier the better. Because lettuce wraps do a terrible job of soaking up alcohol, according to a scientific study I just made up right now.
- Half-nekkid joggers photobombing your professional photo session. Because…Hoboken.
- The insatiable desire to watch all the Oscar-nominated films for Best Picture, because Kathleen & Chris are not neanderthals, and neither are we.
You see how easy that was? And the irony here is that there’s absolutely nothing confusing about Kathleen & Chris when you see them together. Having photographed them at length over the course of many, many hours over the course of 2 days, these two lovebirds together just makes perfect sense. I couldn’t be happier to have had the honor & pleasure of photographing their beautiful wedding at the Liberty House in Jersey City, and we hope they enjoy a lifetime filled with ice cream, greasy bar foods and evenings filled with Meryl Streep & Jack Nicholson. That sounds pretty amazing, doesn’t it?
Venue: Liberty House // Ceremony/Officiant: Rev. Msgr. Thomas Nydegger // Hair & Make-Up: Mania Hair Studio // Dress: Pronovias // Shoes: Christian Louboutin // Groom’s attire: Tuxedo by Sarno // Jewelry: N/A // Floral/Décor: Cut1 Floral // Entertainment: Stellar Mojo // Stationery: Minted // Favors: Polaroid table cards // Cinematography: Flagship Studios