I first met Lindsay just shy of 20 years ago. And yikes. I can’t believe those words just left my fingertips. To put this into perspective:
- The motorola StarTAC, the world’s smallest flip-phone, was just introduced for a paltry sum of $1000 for each unit.
- The Nintendo 64 is newly released. Teenage boys don’t see the light of day for the next 6 months.
- Kerri Strug made America cry during the ’96 Olympics.
- Cuba Gooding Jr.’s “Show me the money!” becomes the most annoying catchphrase…ever.
- Actually, Rene Zellweger’s “You had me at hello.” wins the aforementioned award…for the rest of eternity.
- The Macarena takes the world by storm, supplanting the Chicken Dance and Electric Slide as the bane of all wedding DJs…until the arrival of Gangnam Style 16 years later.
So speaking of the Macarena (ahem), Lindsay and I (along with about 20 other show-choir members) not only learned all the moves to this extraordinarily sexy dance, but we learned the entire song…in Spanish. Oh, we were definitely awesome beyond awesome, without a doubt. We even had white knit gloves and bow ties to go along with our gold sequin vests. Dazzled yet? You can’t even begin to imagine. The opportunity to document Lindsay and Justin’s wedding was certainly a trip down memory lane, taking me back to my old stomping grounds of Baltimore. Although we’ve all grown up since then, pursued careers and now doing all sorts of grown-up things (ie. getting married, starting families, sleeping before 10pm, etc), I’ll always remember ourselves as a bunch of 14-16 year old adolescents trying to find our voice in this world. In my own personal way, I’m happy that Lindsay found someone special to share her voice with. I’m even more thrilled to document this new chapter in both their lives. Their wedding took place on the beautiful grounds of the Overhills Mansion in Baltimore, MD. Here’s a peek of their day:
Venue: Overhills Mansion // Catering: Whitehouse Caterers // Hair: Mallia Salon & Spa // Make-up: Happily Ever After LLC // Dress: Blue by DressHead // Shoes: Toms // Groom’s attire: Joseph A. Bank // Engagement Ring: White Flash // Wedding Bands // Littman Jewelers // Earrings: Anthropologie // Sash: White Ribbon Accents // Bracelets: Marinette Jewelry // Floral/Decor: Flowers by Judy // Entertainment: Absolute Entertainment // Stationery: Minted & That Girl Press // Favors: Donation to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital